Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 16 February 2012

February 16


”There is no entering into the secret thoughts of a man’s heart.”
Lord Mansfield
When we first came to SAA, many of us had the impression that we would never find anyone like us, no one who shared our dark secrets. It was surprising for most of us then at our initial meeting to find just how much we had in common with others in the room. What a pleasant relief to know that we were no longer alone!
While it may be true that no one can truly understand our lives and our secrets, we come to trust in our group and do find compassion and empathy in those who have a greater understanding of our addiction and the impact it can have on our lives and sanity. It is comforting and reassuring to come back to our meetings on a regular basis, or even after a number of months or years, knowing that we are among equals who genuinely care for us and want to support us on our path to recovery.
The miracle of our meetings is also the fact that in sharing our own story, our discoveries made during our own recovery, that we help our fellow members continue their own journey. We truly do accept that we all need to lean on each other from time to time to make it through our difficult periods.
Affirmation
I will share my journey, mostly for my own recovery, but with the knowledge that my words may help my fellow members.

No comments:

Post a Comment