Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 2 February 2012

February 2


“O what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.”
Sir Walter Scott
As an addict we begin to realize that we have become, or at least think that we have become, masterful liars. We have managed to keep our addictive life and self a secret from those most dear to us among many others. We may even have a public face that is in sharp contrast to our addictive self, someone who is a prominent or respected figure in the community. But we harbour a darker side that would shock many if they ever knew even half the truth about our hidden lives.
The harder part of the equation is how we lied to ourselves. By taking the First Step and admitting we have a problem we open the door to a new path of being honest. Taking those first acts of being truthful help to slowly distance us from the control of our addiction.
Many of us start slowly by sharing our story with our sponsor or our group and before long we find we are sharing things that we never thought we could tell anyone. In letting go of our secrets we begin to free ourselves of the guilt and shame we carry with us.
Affirmation
I acknowledge that road to being authentic and genuine begins with the simple truths. I will be honest with myself and others for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment