Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 25 February 2012

February 25


”The person who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.”
Chinese Proverb
Many of life’s challenges are daunting and impossible when we look at the whole picture. Trying to see where we will be at the end without seeing all the steps we can take to get to our goal can weaken our will and desire to move forward.
The critical task is to look at the first steps and start taking them to move towards our objective. Picking up those first small stones will lead us towards the task of moving the mountain. The important thing is making that effort and in turn progress.
When we reduce a large problem into smaller tasks and figure out a place to begin, the endeavour that seemed insurmountable in the first place often seems achievable and much less daunting. Our journey in our recovery is often like this. Even though we may not always make the right choice all the time, if we keep the end in sight and continue to move towards it, we are making progress. 
Affirmation
I can take a small step towards resolving a larger problem and be proud that I am taking action.

No comments:

Post a Comment