Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 9 February 2012

February 9


”I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”
Confucius
Being a sex addict with a partner or spouse can be challenging. One of the obvious questions is whether or not you can or even should stay together once the addiction has been brought into the open. As hard as it may be in such a situation, it is important to be able to do those things that are best for your recovery. If that means stepping out of your relationship, even temporarily, it may well be the best thing for everyone involved.
Both people in the relationship will have issues within the couple, as well as individually. Sex addiction, like any other addiction is a family disease. And perhaps more than other addictions, sex addiction is a relationship disease.
Everyone will likely benefit from the time and distance of a separation. The addict as well as their partner need time to reflect, seek help and begin the process of healing. Like my own history, there was a serious breach of trust between me and my partner. Taking a step back was critical in allowing each of us the chance to start rebuilding ourselves and our lives. It was not easy by any sense, but still very necessary. As an addict I was at the point where my words had little value and only my actions could be trusted. Being apart helped to show my commitment to recovery and the personal growth I was experiencing.
Affirmation
Today I will try not to run away from the hard choices and trust in the will of my Higher Power for the sake of my recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment