Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 5 February 2012

February 5


”This above all, to thine own self be true.”
William Shakespeare
From that first admission that we have a problem, that first time in a meeting when we say out loud that we are a sex addict, we have embarked upon the journey to rediscovering our true self.
Many of us have led our double lives for so long that we are no longer aware where our public face ends and our addictive self begins. As we progress in our recovery, we are likely to question just how much parts of both these personalities are the “real” us and we may wonder if we really even know who we want to or should be.
It is in these times of self doubt that we need the support of our friends, family and our SAA group to show us the genuine person they see. We need help in finding the things we do selflessly and to begin to re-establish our values, morals, character strengths and weaknesses. In many ways we are lucky since we can choose the aspects that we really want to be part of our lives and make them part of the recovering person we are transforming into.
Affirmation
Today I will look at myself through the eyes of those who care about me and strive to be that person.

No comments:

Post a Comment