Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 27 February 2012

February 27


”In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.”
Theodore Roosevelt
It can be a struggle early in our recovery to have faith in our decisions and actions. It is disconcerting to know that we cannot readily rely on our own judgement in making the healthiest choices. However, gaining even a small capacity to reason, through our initial sobriety, and the ability to evaluate a situation rather than act on impulse, is an important step in our recovery.
We need to be mindful, and as many say, ever-vigilant, in looking at the underlying reasons and emotions that drive us in our decision-making process. One of the goals of recovery is to increase our self-awareness so that we understand the decisions we make rather than being solely at the whim of our addictive behaviour. 
Affirmation
I will focus on my thoughts and feelings when making choices today and know that I am not simply complying with my compulsion.

No comments:

Post a Comment