Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 7 February 2012

February 7


”Ability is what you are capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
Lou Holtz
We all have mornings where we wake up and would simply prefer to roll over and go back to sleep. As an addict in recovery, we often feel the same way about working our program; it can wait until tomorrow. In recovery there is often a cost to our procrastination. For many of us avoiding active work in our steps and group leads to middle circle behaviours or even inner circle activity. We have learned through our own experience and from those of our fellow members that procrastination all too often leads to poor choices for our recovery.
It’s important for us to work recovery tools into our daily lives. From reading literature, meditation, exercise, reaching out to our sponsor or a group member, or attending a meeting, all these small acts renew our commitment and keep us on the path to maintaining our sanity.
Affirmation
Today I will make the time for recovery because I am worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment