Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Lean On Me - Introduction

I started writing these daily meditations as part of my own journey in recovery. I have always been drawn to quotations from a variety of sources, and once in the SAA program I began to see many in a new light. Before long I started a journal, filled with quotes that spoke to me, not only in terms of where I was in my recovery, but where I wanted to be. I also started to bring in tidbits of wisdom, hope and strength from fellow SAA members, and those thoughts to have been captured in my reflections within these pages.

I am a sex addict, and will be for all the days of my life. But this no longer discourages me; rather it gives me great joy and even pleasure as I have been fortunate to discover such wonderful people, a second family that exists within the program. And in keeping with the SAA program and steps of recovery, this work is part of my Step 12, “Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other sex addicts, and to practice these principles in our lives.”
The title, Lean on Me, comes directly from the song by the same name. I have found a new family in my fellowship, and have leaned on as many people as I have found that I have been the shoulder there to support someone else. One of the biggest comforts I have found, and have heard echoed from others is that within our groups we no longer feel alone. We have found companions who understand us, have shared our struggles, our hopes and success, and seek to gain sobriety and sanity by working the program.
I am taking the risk of opening my thoughts to the world at large, and to receive criticism against my wisdom in the midst of the chaos of my recovery. I have shared some of what is within these pages with others in my fellowship, and have found they have struck a chord with most. My words come from my heart, and moments of clarity where I am best connected with my Higher Power. May God grant you serenity in reviewing my humble beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment