Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 14 February 2012

February 14


”Our language has wisely sensed the two sides of being alone. It has created the word loneliness to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word solitude to express the glory of being alone.”
Paul Tillich
I am alone, I am lonely. These ideas are often a core aspect of many of our fears and triggers. In one group they have a set of promises about working the program, one of which talks about eventually turning loneliness into solitude. This is a hard concept for many of us, we have spent so long hiding in our addiction to avoid confronting ourselves that we are very afraid of the prospect.
Working the steps of recovery gives us a gentle path to reconnect to our inner selves and rediscover and regenerate our self esteem. Eventually through our efforts, with the help of our Higher Power we will succeed in transforming our loneliness into solitude and learn to be at peace with ourselves. 
Affirmation
Today I will take some time to be by myself, to take an honest look in the mirror and to be alright with what I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment