Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 4 February 2012

February 4


”We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.”
Iris Murdoch
As sex addicts our fantasies have been our escape hatch; a way to avoid life and cope with situations we’d rather not deal with.  In working the steps of the program, we start dispelling the illusion that turning to our addiction in times of stress and fear is the healthiest option. We begin to understand that there are alternate ways such as the tools of recovery that will also help keep us sane and deal with those things that life brings before us.
We’ve lived in our fantasy worlds for so long that they have become second nature. But now that we can take a sober look at our lives during those periods where our lives were dominated by fantasy, we see we were not really living but merely surviving to feed our addiction.
In seeking to change our lives by giving them over to our Higher Power, we relinquish the power of illusion that comes from our addictive behaviour. It’s like discovering how a magician performs a trick, once you know how its done then it loses its ability to mystify and hold control over you. Understanding our addictive behaviour, our new found awareness also begins to release us from the compulsive spell.
Affirmation
I will live in the reality of today and turn away from the illusion and empty promises of my addictive behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment