Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 15 February 2012

February 15


”Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.”
Mary Anne Radmacher
Courage comes in many forms. Courage during the process of our recovery often comes in small doses; the courage to go to our first meeting, the first time we say aloud that we are a sex addict, the first time we share in a meeting. Yet like many things, the courage in taking these small steps builds confidence and eventually leads to taking bigger steps like seeking a sponsor, sharing our first step, joining a step study group or taking on a leadership role.
There is no magic recipe to our recovery. It is more often the accumulation of many small steps, small acts of recovery that lead to our eventual sexual sobriety. There is power in these tiny movements within the program.
Like the Cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz, we likely only require following the yellow brick road of our recovery and experiencing small moments that will gradually rebuild our self-confidence. 
Affirmation
Today I will find the courage to work a small part of my recovery, that step will become a part of my continuing journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment