Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 3 February 2012

February 3


“Fantasies are more than substitutes for an unpleasant reality; they are also dress rehearsals, plans. All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination.”
Barbara Grizzati Harrison
Gaining sobriety gives us a huge advantage of looking at the world and situations with new eyes. One place where this can make a huge difference is in looking at our dreams and fantasies. Whereas our mind has been plagued by our compulsive addictive thinking, being able to work our programs frees us to have more positive thoughts. We can turn our fantasies back into a healthy and productive activity, to mentally prepare for a test or interview, to plan a vacation or special event like a wedding, or to simply dream of where our lives will take us as a recovering addict.
We all have an amazing potential that has lain dormant, pushed away into the recesses of our mind by our overwhelming sexual desires. Bringing our aspirations back to the forefront helps us to gain hope for brighter future.
Affirmation
I can dare to dream again and take back my power of fantasy and imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment