Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 20 February 2012

February 20


”I have seen what a laugh can do. It can transform almost unbearable tears into something bearable, even hopeful.”
Bob Hope
On our journey to recovery we discover that one of the important things that has been missing in our lives is a healthy expression of our emotions. Not only have we suppressed our negative feelings; anger, doubt, shame, regret and others, but we also discover that we have not truly expressed our positive emotions like happiness, content, joy and love.
In connecting with our Higher Power and freeing ourselves of the burdens of our addictive behaviour we also gain the opportunity to rediscover our emotions. For many of us we need to relearn how to feel as we are emotionally immature to some degree.
It is terrifying and exhilarating all a the same time to cry deeply, laugh without restraint, and love without condition. We can move along the path to wholeness and once again being a genuine person. 
Affirmation
I will dare to feel and embrace each moment of this day.

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed how volatile I have become emotionally since working towards sobriety...its like a tidal wave was unleashed but without direction or control....it takes courage to ride the wave (and patience from those around you) but its a necessary step to gaining the emotional maturity or intelligency you so rightly refer to.

    ReplyDelete