Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 26 February 2012

February 26


”We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon – instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.”
Dale Carnegie
It is often said that we do not know what we had until it is gone. The same can be said when we look back at our past during periods of sobriety and see what we have lost, squandered or thrown away. The addiction promises a lot, to fulfill our needs, our wildest fantasies, but when things are realized, these promises are usually empty ones.
As addicts we live to feed our addiction that does not give back what we put into it. Rather, it keeps demanding more, more time, effort, money, often to deliver even less to us in return.
It’s hard to break the cycle, but when we manage to put healthy means of meeting our own needs, physical, emotional and spiritual the benefits are often much greater than our efforts. Why wouldn’t we jump at the opportunity to have more of this in our lives! This is part of the struggle of living in our addiction. 
Affirmation
I will be thankful for what I have today and be aware of the empty promises of my addictive behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment