Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 24 February 2012

February 24


”Nothing good was ever done without much enduring.”
Catherine of Sienna
The second step is our opportunity to accept that there is help for us now that we realize that we cannot recover solely by ourselves. In coming to terms that there is a power greater than ourselves, we gain understanding that there is something willing to guide us. We can likely even find instances in our life where there were coincidences or chances that seemed to occur to change the direction of our lives, signs that a Higher Power has always been with us even when we were not aware. Now we can make a more conscious effort to listen for the guidance offered by our Higher Power, whatever it may be.
Step Two does not promise us an easy road, but it gives the hope there is a path we can take to regain our sanity. We have endured so much to bring us to this point in our recovery but we gain strength in the knowledge that our Higher Power will accompany us when we let it into our hearts, minds and souls. 
Affirmation
I believe that a power greater than myself is here to guide me on my journey to recovery.

1 comment:

  1. The "higher power" concept is one of the most difficult in SAA, especially since so many of us are there because of what we perceive as a failure of our higher power (and the lower powers that are our parents or those that have hurt us) to begin with.

    But the idea of taking a leap of faith that one's own inner wisdom, something that has enabled us to survive to this point, may be something that can be relied upon - IF WE LISTEN - that is interesting.

    ReplyDelete