Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 17 February 2012

February 17


”The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.”
Carl Jung
There are days when we feel like hypocrites. We may be doing an honest job working steps of recovery yet at the same time still be stuck in middle and inner circle behaviours. It can be frustrating trying to manage this duality when we are actively aware of its existence.
A big part of coping in these times is surrender. Just like one would not think of blaming a diabetic for having to take medication on a regular basis, check their blood sugar levels and monitor their diet, nor can we blame ourselves for the ways that our addiction, our illness, affects our own lives. Just as the diabetic has no choice but to follow his or her routine to treat their disease, so do we need to follow our routine of recovery. Part of that recovery is accepting that we cannot change the fact that we are an addict. Surrendering this fact to our Higher Power can give us freedom to move on to ways to live differently rather than falling prey to the whims of our addictive sexual behaviour. 
Affirmation
I will surrender my addiction to my Higher Power. I cannot escape being an addict, but I can chose to not let it take charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment