Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 11 February 2012

February 11


”I feel within me a peace above all earthly dignities, a still and quiet conscience.”
William Shakespeare
There is a lost power inside ourselves that we can rediscover in silence. We can find our calm centre through meditation, yoga, breathing exercises, walks in nature or in prayer with our Higher Power. Connecting to our inner serenity, finding our place of tranquility and reflection, allows us to truly hear ourselves and digest our thoughts and feelings without distraction.
It is important for us to take time on a regular basis to slow down and remove ourselves from our hectic lives. Focusing on ourselves in a peaceful space allows us the opportunity to heal and increase our self-awareness. The more we take the time to get in touch with our inner self, the better we are able to function in normal day-to-day life. We can move into action rather than reaction when confronted with stressful situations.
Being in touch with ourselves allows us once again to hear the voice of our conscience, which in time helps us make better, more responsible choices. We can learn to appreciate the great force that comes to us from silence. 
Affirmation
I will find myself in silence and not be afraid; there is power in the void of thought and action.

No comments:

Post a Comment