Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 1 October 2012

October 1

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on - and then swing.
Barbara Johnson
Finishing each day and leaving it finished is a good principle that I can and need to apply more generally. There are many aspects of my life, and certainly in recovery places where I want to repair damage that I have caused, but where I can only go so far. My part may only be opening the door to start the healing, but the other person has to be willing to pursue that route. It is not an avenue that I can force someone else to embark upon.
Tomorrow is a new day and will be full of new challenges and opportunities. I can let go of the failures and successes of yesterday and start each day anew. This is why it is important for me to close each day in gratitude and prayer to prepare myself for a fresh start. I can make it easier to sense the hope and prospect that tomorrow holds by doing a proper job of settling today’s affairs.
The God of my understanding is a boon to help keep me on the right track, facing forward. All the small steps of letting go free me from the weight of the past and allow me to focus on today.
Affirmation
Reflection on today is my Step 10 work, and gives me an immediate indication of the adjustments I want to make…and to move onto the next day better prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment