Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 13 October 2012

October 13

”After winter comes the summer. After night comes the dawn. And after every storm, there comes clear, open skies.”
Samuel Rutherford
The bad thing about life is that it is always changing. As much as I would like things to stay still, to freeze time at those points where I am happy and content, it simply doesn’t happen. Life keeps marching merrily along to its own beat, fulfilling some unseen design.
The good thing about life is that it is always changing. I will get stuck in ruts and go through rough patches. There will be times when I am sad, feel blue, get ill or I am simply in a foul mood. These things will pass as life continues its journey all around me.
My choice in the matter is how I want to travel along the river of life.  I can choose today to struggle against the current, to refuse to accept and acknowledge the events in my surroundings and to try to go in the opposite direction. I can choose to do very little, and simply float, letting the current take me where it wills. Or, I can decide to participate, to swim with the flow of events as I embrace the world as it unfolds. What will be your choice today? Me, I think my decision is to jump in and ride the waves, trusting in my Higher Power’s will.
Affirmation
Change is all around me, a constant part of being alive. Today I will join it rather than fight it and see where I end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment