Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 18 October 2012

October 18

”It has long be an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.”
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
My addict used to like things complicated. The more an event could be turned into a big affair, the stronger the emotional reaction I would have and want to suppress and the bigger the reward I needed to seek to compensate. Talk about living in insanity.
Life is complex, certainly. Things happen that are not always simple. Yet I don’t need to add artificial complexity to life to support those behaviours that will cause me to overreact in unhealthy ways. My life now is more about giving things their proper perspective, assessing them more realistically and then acting accordingly. I don’t need my old coping mechanisms and it’s rare that my instinct pulls me in that direction.
Even when my thoughts start to lead me astray, I am aware and can stop and let them pass. If they persist, I choose to pick up a tool of recovery or reach out for support to keep making the healthier choices. The other realization has been that many of the things which are too complicated are events that I can do little to change. So in turning them over to the care of my Higher Power I free myself to live more simply.
Affirmation
I will choose not to overburden myself with things I cannot control, nor overcomplicate what can remain simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment