Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 17 October 2012

October 17

”Great is the road I climb, but the garland offered by an easier effort is not worth the gathering.”
Sextus Propentius
It’s often said that the best things in life are free. This certainly was an attitude that I had in my active addiction, but in a twisted and perverse sense, stemming from entitlement more than from need. Realistically, when I look back at my life, while many of the things that mean the most to me might be free in the sense of not costing money, the things I value such as love, patience, hope, and my children, have had a great price in the sacrifice, effort and time I have needed to commit to them.
Very rarely does anything that is simply handed to me truly impact my life. It’s all the things that I have to struggle to achieve, that come from hard work and dedication, set-backs and disappointments, failure and persistence, that matter more. Those things I have to fight for are what I appreciate most.
It is not that I try to find the hardest way to do things or continually reach for what is way beyond my grasp. But it is those times where I toil, where I face difficulties that I feel most rewarded when I reach the goal. It is strife that can give me the opportunity to grow and be thankful for the road I needed to travel. 
Affirmation
Struggle is not a bad thing, I need to see these difficulties as opportunities to grow, to overcome the hurdles and learn the lessons my Higher Power believes I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment