Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 16 October 2012

October 16

”What a new face courage puts on everything.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Courage can change my outlook on life. I continue to face many trials as I move forward in recovery and I am not always brave enough to face up to them right away. I find myself repeating the Serenity Prayer, asking my Higher Power for the courage to continue advancing along the path of recovery and doing his will. Sometimes courage comes directly from within, often it comes from others around me, friends or members in the program who support and encourage me.
I need courage as well for the things that are going well in my life. I still have a difficult time accepting the good things. I need to be ok with having positive events occur and not feel a need to sabotage them. M old thoughts of feeling like I am not worthy or deserving still creep into my head from time to time. Courage here is a lead-in to my renewed faith that the God of my understanding has my best interests at heart.
People, places and things will continue to come and go. Some will help challenge me to grow, some will support and others will try to disrupt and destroy. All that I have overcome so far in my brief time in recovery is proof that I can move through life without reliance on my addiction as a power greater than myself.
Affirmation
My Higher Power promises to lead me to sanity if I but trust and ask. The courage to do this will help me confront all situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment