Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 20 October 2012

October 20

”A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.”
Sir Francis Bacon
One thing my addict was good at was making opportunities to act out. This is a skill that I need to apply in my recovery - to utilize as much or more time as I used to put into planning to play in my middle and inner circles to now focus on my outer circle. This means doing things like creating a recovery routine, having SAA literature readily available at home, at work, or on the go. It can be as simple as replacing a phone number of an acting out partner with a number from someone in the program. Installing a cyber-blocking program on my PC and entrusting the password to someone like my sponsor is also a good idea.
I can and have made many excuses to not get to a meeting, not do some work in my recovery books or to call a friend. When I reflect on the lengths I used to go to so I could act out, it is usually pretty easy to find the motivation that is lacking to be able to make a better choice. I need to be committed to put in at least half, if not all, of the effort that I spent on acting out to be working my program if I truly expect to move forward, ever mindful that I am seeking progress and not perfection.
Affirmation
I gain time in letting go of my addiction and need to be conscious about choosing outer circle activities to fill it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment