Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 9 October 2012

October 9

”Courage is the greatest of all virtues. Because if you haven’t courage, you may not have an opportunity to use any of the others.”
Samuel Johnson
Being in recovery take as continuous supply of courage. And while my on confidence is steadily improving, I am well aware that my own efforts are not enough. I have to ask my Higher Power to help out on a regular basis, most days I am just not brave enough to do everything the way I should. Take for example a recent day in my life. I had been looking at registering for a parenting course, but given that I am now separated, I no longer have my built-in babysitter for the week I have my kids. My best option was my brother-in-law, but I was hesitant to ask given how the family relationships were dissolving.
Finally I prayed for the courage to make the call, only to find out he wasn’t home but at his brother’s place where my relationships are even more strained. So I asked God for His help again and dialed the second number. No answer. So, unsure if I was simply being ignored, I asked one of my children to call their uncle and let him know that I wanted to speak to him, and left the rest to my Higher Power. I did get called back a couple of days later, and he was willing to help out so I could attend my course. Because I asked for the courage, I am working on rebuilding at least one damaged relationship.
Affirmation
When I cannot find it within me to do what needs to be done, let me pray to God for the strength and courage to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment