Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 2 October 2012

October 2

”The reason why worry kills more people than works is that more people worry than work.”
Robert Frost
God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the Courage to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference. Odd isn’t it, not a single mention of worry in those three simple lines. So where does it fit in? Hmmm, is worrying something I can change or not? I suppose, if I reflect, I can choose not to worry, so the opposite would be, well, letting go. Let Go and Let God – sounds a lot like accepting things I cannot change. And doing this brings me Serenity.
Pretty powerful little saying, the Serenity Prayer. Stop worrying, let go, and you’ll feel more at peace – with yourself and the world around you. Pretty amazing stuff. Now, I mean, not all worry is bad, but really in very few cases does worrying accomplish anything. Usually it just increases and encourages my fears of what may or may not happen. It’s really not very useful in trying to avoid or prevent a situation, and is certainly not taking action in a positive direction. I think it is good that I am learning to worry less and turn those things which are out of my control over to the God of my understanding. Besides, I think He knows just a little better than I do what the future holds for me.


Affirmation
Worrying prevents me from acting; time to let go and move on with those things I can do something about.

No comments:

Post a Comment