Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 30 October 2012

October 30 (95)

”He who knows others is wise, He who knows himself is enlightened.”
Tao Te Ching
I certainly feel more enlightened today than I have in many years. The simple fact of having spent so much time looking inward has forced me to get to know myself better. This is certainly a good thing, and I am aware at the same time that I still have a long ways to go. There has also been a great amount of wisdom that seems to have surfaced in recent months. I still surprise myself with some of the thoughts and words that have come from me in my recovery work, in meetings, in my step work, and of course in these meditations.
I owe much of my enlightenment to my SAA fellowship. As another member recently shared, being part of the group is like being a coal amongst other coals in a fire. By being in proximity we keep the fire alive. But if I remove myself, I will continue to burn for a while, but eventually the fire will extinguish. I need to periodically surround myself with other coals, other members of the program, and pick up the tools, to keep fuelling the fire of recovery. This is a display of both wisdom and enlightenment. 
Affirmation
May I continue to burn brightly and fuel my recovery. The heat from my program can be shared with others and help them in their own journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment