Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 24 October 2012

October 24

”Courage is the first of all the human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others.”
Sir Winston Churchill
Owning up to the parts of my life that are not as I would like them is challenging. This is because it causes me to look at my defects and weaknesses which in turn is usually a trigger for me to want to return to my old behaviours. Which in a way is a self-fulfilling prophecy as it was my compulsive sexual behaviours that were usually the reason for me having those troubled areas in my life in the first place.
The worst part is that when I start to take steps to work at confronting my problems and relationships that little voice in the back of my head is all too quick to point out how hard it’s going to be, that I shouldn’t bother, or any number of other excuses. It takes courage to ignore that voice and not fall into the trap but rather takes some positive action instead. Usually when I do, I find the task is not as a difficult as imagined. It still means finding the will to make that first step.
Courage is most common in small doses, to take that simple first act towards something new and different, rather than the heroic displays befitting a Hollywood movie. Yet it is an important part to keep us moving, growing, changing and bettering ourselves. 
Affirmation
May I find the courage today to continue putting on foot in front of the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment