Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 15 October 2012

October 15

”Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness.  Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.”
Scott Adams
It’s been quite a long time that I have not believed in coincidence. Too many things have happened in my own life and those of the people around me to ignore the influence or something or someone else. I have always believed in God, in some way or another, and it was He who was readily available as my Higher Power when I found SAA.
The fact that I think everything happens for a reason is also a founding argument for my belief in karma. That what we do, what we give of ourselves, how we treat others, all this eventually comes back to us. Acts of kindness clearly fit into this topic. Being kind means thinking of others, putting someone else’s needs before my own and giving service. The program talks at length about giving back, of being in service to others, and I think at the most basic level it starts with simple, kind acts.
Being kind, compassionate and caring is all a part of living in harmony with others. Life is more pleasant and enjoyable when I am not in conflict. And I am truly beginning to see that it takes two people to create conflict, if I do not react then I can remain at peace no matter what others around me do.
Affirmation
My smallest acts today may be my biggest reward. I will remember everyone around me has problems of their own and will treat them gently and kindly.

No comments:

Post a Comment