Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 4 October 2012

October 4

”The saints are the sinners who keep going.”
Robert Louis Stevenson
I am now 18 months into the program and nearly at a year of uninterrupted sobriety. It’s certainly been a time of reflection on where I have been. As I work my steps in my study group, I am gradually moving beyond the sins of my past, one microscopic step at a time. I will readily confess that I am miles from being considered a saint, but gratefully less tempted to label myself a sinner. The healing process is working and I can look myself in the mirror and genuinely appreciate the person looking back at me.
If I had to try and figure out the one thing that has allowed me to get this far, my secret for my success if you will, it would be letting go. It sounded so strange and felt so awkward and unnatural in the beginning. But turning over things I cannot control to my Higher Power has given me the power and energy to focus on what I can deal with and have the capacity to change. I have lost track of how often I apply the Serenity Prayer, not just in dealing with my addict, but with life in general. It has easily been the guiding principle that has helped me the most in making it to where I am today, One Day at a Time. 
Affirmation
It’s good for me to reflect on my progress and to discover the tools that help me the most in my journey of recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment