Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 10 October 2012

October 10

”Always remember that striving and struggle precede success, even in the dictionary.”
Sarah ban Breathnach
My road of recovery has been a challenging a journey. Maybe not quite to the heroic level one see’s in an adventure film, but still I would suggest it has been a quest of self-discovery. I have had to leave a great deal of what I knew in my “safe” and comfortable life of addiction behind me as I  set forth on the quest to find a better life. I have faced many demons along the way, found sage advisors, often in unlikely places, and sought talismans and magical powers to protect me from harm.
The difficulties I have faced and overcome along the way have made me stronger. I have fought the ogres of my past behaviours, confronted the witches and warlocks of the spells of my addictive thinking and fantasy, and have risen from the depths of despair and darkness to find my way back into the light.
My journey is only beginning, yet I know I have taken promising strides to a brighter future. I have my Higher Power as an ally, always at my side whenever I dare ask. With the added support of my groups, I know I am overcome whatever monsters I encounter from here on in. 
Affirmation
Recovery means facing tough situations that will help me change and grow. I am ready and know I need not face these battles alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment