Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 27 October 2012

October 27 (98)

”Nothing lowers the level of conversation more than raising the voice.”
Stanley Horowitz
Defects of character, oh boy, some of these are hard to face and ask my Higher Power to take from me. Being quick to anger, quick to judge, quick to overreact, especially with my kids – this is not an easy one to handle. I am becoming more and more aware just how much damage getting angry and showing it, raising my voice,  and getting aggressive have caused in my relationships with my children.
Fortunately, having the ability to think more clearly while in sobriety, incited me to take some parenting classes. It is pretty difficult to look at all the things I have done poorly, but I can be thankful, just as I am in recovery, that I can put these new tools and tips to work right away.
My kids need me to be a parent, sometimes to guide and discipline with love and good intentions. My role, first and foremost though, is to be an ally. I need to be there to support them, to teach them, to encourage them to grow and develop their potential, to have fun and play with them, and to simply appreciate them for who they are.


Affirmation
My words and actions will have a huge impact on my kids, may I behave in ways to nurture them today.

No comments:

Post a Comment