Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 10 January 2013

January 10

”In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”
Albert Camus
Life at the bottom of my addiction was cold, dark and empty. I was more like a zombie than I cared to admit, no heart, no spirit, no emotion, a puppet on strings just going through the motions. I cared for nothing, about nothing or anyone, including myself. I was in a hole and there was no light, no heat, no escape.
Somehow my Higher Power saw fit to put something in front of me that caught my eyes – of all things a presentation on addictions. For whatever reason, there was a glimmer of hope that I could find a different way, but also, after a few decades of insanity, the beginnings of the realization that I was ill and had a problem.
It is from those depths that I have risen, and continue to flourish as I grow in the program. It has happened in small, painstaking steps with the occasional leap of faith. In most respects it has been a steady journey forward, as I discover myself, let go of my past, shame and guilt, find my strengths and grow in spirit. I continue to learn through my experiences and those of others that as a human being we can suffer greatly yet still come out a survivor to wondrous things. I am grateful for my second lease on life. 
Affirmation
From the darkest place I can find my way back into the light with continued faith in my Higher Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment