Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 2 January 2013

January 2

”Decide on what you think is right, and stick to it.”
George Eliot
That little voice in the back of my head, my conscience, has become louder as I have kept up longer and longer periods of sobriety. My growing awareness of my thoughts, words and actions make it that much harder for me to live in blind ignorance, especially when to comes to anything that pertains to my addiction and recovery. I can no longer innocently claim that I don’t know any better as it is simply not true.
One of the cornerstones of my recovery is my rigorous honesty, both with me and with others. This means that just answering questions truthfully when asked is not enough, but that I have to willingly disclose information that I am not questioned about. It means checking in with my sponsor or someone else in the program on a regular basis, on good days and bad days alike.
My gut instinct has regained its place as a source to be trusted. No longer is my life dominated by my sexually compulsive behaviours, but by my recovery. The scales have tipped back in favour of my Higher Power and so I must remain vigilant and honest about keeping my choices in line with that balance. I do know better and as a result I am doubly accountable for my actions. 
Affirmation
I resolve to stay committed to my recovery today and to knowingly make choices to support that decision rather than settling for my old, poor behaviours.

No comments:

Post a Comment