Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 13 January 2013

January 13

”An infectious smile spreads good will.”
Anonymous
This quote seems more appropriate after having just watched the movie Patch Adams. Seeing how this medical student chose to see patients as people first and their condition second gives me hope that others well be able to see addicts in a similar light. I do believe that this is a disease and that I deserve to be treated as a person, with compassion, understanding and respect, if I am to succeed at overcoming the worst of my illness.
The quote also reminds me that my road to recovery started with small acts of kindness. A warm reception on a phone line, a kind greeting at my first meeting, the welcome to a group of peers and encouragement to keep coming back. In my recovery today I have those same gifts I can offer back to those who are only beginning their own journey of healing.
If I am willing and open, recovery becomes contagious. While I still need to lean on others for support, it happens frequently that others turn to me in times of need. It is a good feeling to know that I can be a pillar for someone else, a beacon of light in their dark and stormy moments. Together, through the steps, recovery is possible. 
Affirmation
I gain hope that my addiction will be accepted as I have been welcomed into my fellowship. I have a renewed faith in the compassion and love that lives within humankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment