Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 23 January 2013

January 23

”The bravest thing you can do when you are not brave is to profess courage and act accordingly.”
Corra Harris
God grant me...the courage to change the things I can. I continue to be amazed by the power and wisdom in that simple phrase. Somebody somewhere had a lot of insight to distil all the meaning that those few words imply. As I move through my journey of recovery and face change on a daily basis I am constantly reminded of how challenging it can be to do things differently. I know for a fact that I cannot do this on my own and that it is only by God’s grace, by His gift of courage that I can find sufficient bravery to step into the unknown time and time again.
This is one of my biggest hurdles in my program, forcing myself a most every opportunity to stop doing what is comfortable, what I have grown accustomed to, and to try something completely different. I have more than enough experience and proof that my old ways, while they sufficed to some degree, have a list of side-effects that are way more detrimental than I can afford. My Higher Power is my new medicine and promises to restore me to sanity if I but surrender and trust in the process of the 12 Steps.
Affirmation
Let me pray for courage, strength, love and patience today in case my own reserves are not enough. With my Higher Power’s help I can overcome any obstacles in my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment