Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 8 January 2013

January 8

”If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.”
Mark Twain
Sometimes the quotes I choose feel more like they have been chosen for me. This one in particular made me laugh as I reflected on the irony of my past behaviours. It made me recall a period of my acting out days where I almost, but not quite, had to resort to making a set of cheat notes to keep track of the details of several people I was communicating with on-line. This was of course, after a couple of times where I had confused details from one person with those of another. Not only did I need to have a primary acting out partner, but had a couple back-ups on the go, you know, just in case. Oh the insanity!
In all honesty, and no pun intended, being truthful is a lot less work. I don’t have to remember what story or excuse I used with whom, continue to invent more lies to keep the originals intact, until I was no longer able to see anything through the web of deceit. It might be more difficult, and often is right at the moment to be up front with myself and others, but in the long run it is always the better option.
The time and energy I had to spend to maintain those falsehoods is much better spent in getting to know myself, reconnecting to my Higher Power and working my program. It is amazing how many more hours in the day I have now that I am in recovery.
Affirmation
I can see that honesty really is the best policy and will allow me to continue to live in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment