Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 1 January 2013

January 1

”Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down.”
Jimmy Durante
As I step into a new year I am reminded of my successes and failures of the past year. I am thankful for having overcome the challenges of the past year and I feel that much more prepared to face all those that lie ahead. I am still cognizant that my foundation is not as solid as it could be and that my recovery is still fragile. I need to be continually aware of what I do and don’t do, what I say and how I think. My world can come crashing in if I stop putting First Things First.
I owe it first to myself and second to everyone else around me to continue working my program of recovery and gaining knowledge through my 12 Step work. It is only through positive action that I will continue to change and grow, and keep following the will of my Higher Power.
It is all the small things that have accumulated into my new habits and behaviours that will keep me moving in a better direction. Prayer and meditation, reaching out, attending meetings, writing, reading literature – all these tools and more will help me deal with the pressures of living. I will continue to give thanks, forgive myself and others, and remain in service. Every small act will propel me further into this grand new frontier that is recovery.
Affirmation
Recovery requires persistence and diligence. It is a daily act of prevention and maintenance, not first aid for when I have fallen too far off the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment