Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 22 January 2013

January 22



“Don’t waste yourself in rejection, nor bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of good.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Even in my recovery I can spend too much time in my negativity. Not only for what I have done or what I am not doing, but also just for always seeing the bad side of life’s events. I am coming to realize that focusing on the negative aspects and brooding over the problem does little to make me feel better or move me towards a solution.

It is some mental reprogramming that I need to put in place to erase all the pessimism that ruled my former thinking. The tool of affirmations is helping me to move in a better direction and to see things in a more positive light. It is a learning process that does not come naturally for me. It takes a conscious effort to build this into my program of recovery, including reciting them in front of the mirror. It is a recurring theme in my step work as well.

The flip side of all that negativity is gratitude. This is another place I need to work at and find and count my blessings. In my daily prayer I make an effort to list 3-5 things that I am thankful for, no matter how big or small. It is all part of improving my attitude and outlook on life.

Affirmation

I can learn to look on the bright side of life and let go of darkness that used to predominate. There is a gift to be found in every situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment