Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 5 January 2013

January 5

”One does not love a place the less for having suffered in it unless it has all been suffering, nothing but suffering.”
Jane Austen
The past was a place where for quite some time all I found was suffering, especially when I was near the bottom of my acting out. There was little hope, only pain, frustration, loss and despair. It took time as I moved into recovery to start finding positive things in my present, let alone in my past. Yet with time, as I have progressed through the steps and taken stock of who I am and all that I have done, I have found a more balanced life than I believed existed. While it’s true my primary focus for many years was my addiction and all the negativity that surrounded it, I can also see there were positives and accomplishments I made during those years as well. My scale was not 100% “evil” or “monster” like my addict tries to make believe.
Suffering has had its place but I am now capable to find joy, happiness, success and achievement intermingled amongst all the rest when I look back at my life. It is by focusing on the good things that I can strive to be better today. I cannot change the past, but I have the power to choose which parts of it will influence me and help me as I live for today. I can decide to shed the negative skin and leave it behind me where it belongs.
Affirmation
I do no need to be simply a product of my past. I have the power to be the person I want to be today, in recovery, by the grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment