Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 12 January 2013

January 12

”When you take a risk and step out of the norm, you run the risk and sometimes you fail. But you only fail if you give up.”
J. Peterman
I sometimes expect that life should be perfect now that I am in recovery, or at least that I should no longer make mistakes. This is rather ridiculous as a concept considering I don’t expect “normal” people who aren’t in a program like this to live up to that standard so why should I subject myself to it? I suppose I feel extra accountable as I should know better.
Still I am only human and as such I am flawed. Changing my ways, which is a significant undertaking, means I am certain to make mistakes, to need time and help to get things right, to have make a few attempts and to persevere. Failure would be to give up and let my addict reign once more, but that is a path that only leads to certain self-destruction.
It is hard learning to be gentle with myself and to always fully accept myself as I am, flaws and all. The important thing is to keep trying, learn from my mistakes and not repeat them, and to continue pushing forward. Progress and not perfection is always the aim to keep in my sights. By the grace of my Higher Power I have this opportunity to try again. 
Affirmation
God grant me the humility to acknowledge and accept my mistakes as I move forward on this new path of recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment