Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 30 January 2013

January 30

”Great is the art of beginning, but greater is the art of ending.”
Lazarus Long
It took me over two decades to realize that I had a problem with compulsive sexual behaviour. Yet once I recognised the true nature of my illness, it took me much less time to draw the conclusion that I would need to let go of it. In fact, letting go has been ongoing process practically since the first time I walked into a 12-Step meeting. My growing awareness has taken away the brunt of the power and control that my addiction used to hold over my life.
I did reach a point in my recovery where I wanted to formally mark a new beginning. For some time I had been imagining my addict as a resident in the house in my head, where it had been confined to the addict. When I was at this turning point, I wrote an eviction notice, thanking my addiction for helping me cope and survive to that point in time, but that it was no longer needed as I had learned new ways to cope.
Endings were always a struggle in my life, and still are to some degree. However, I am able now to see an end as more than just a loss, but also as a new beginning. Having a more holistic view of the circle of life gives me strength and allows me to handle change in better ways.
Affirmation
I need not fret or be afraid of endings. There is a natural order to life that things begin, endure, and then come to a close. Acceptance is the key to living through these transitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment