Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 29 January 2013

January 29

”If you are not getting as much from life as you want to, then examine the state of your enthusiasm.”
Norman Vincent Peale
Just as I have the choice each day to choose to be in recovery, I can also decide, or not, to be content with my life as it is presently. Realistically I have little control over where I am today. I cannot change the past that brought me to this morning, nor am I able to forgo the day and fast-forward into tomorrow. That leaves me the choice to accept my reality as it is, or avoid the truth and only see what I wish to see.
My attitude is the determining factor as to whether I can be enthusiastic about the current state of my life, or if I will be miserable and discontent. Choosing the level of enthusiasm will not change where I am, my job, my friends, my finances, where I live – none of these will be different if I decide to be ecstatic about what has been provided for me. What will change is how I feel about myself, how I approach situations and certainly the day's challenges.
Life happens, and will continue on whether I am happy, upset, frustrated, joyful or ignorant of what is taking place. Given this, isn’t in my best interest to be excited to be alive, to relish each and every breath, and to be thankful for all the wonders I am given the privilege of experiencing each day?
Affirmation
Life is how you take it, which in turn will influence how I face it. Let me put a smile on my face and some spring in my step and fill my heart with gladness.

No comments:

Post a Comment