Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 9 January 2013

January 9

”There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.”
William Shakespeare
I am not certain that I am fully in agreement with the idea that how I think makes something bad or good. I do agree with the notion that most things simply are, and are not inherently good or bad. Yet on the other hand, I know from looking at my past behaviours that I could rationalize away all my “bad” behaviours but at the same time see fit to condemn the actions of others which were less severe. Perspective plays an important factor in determining between the two.
I am moving away from the idea of good versus evil and more toward the realm of my will versus the will of my Higher Power. This, to me, in recovery, and life in general, is a more important and relevant distinction. As much as I think I am at the helm of my own ship, the stark reality is that I am in control of almost nothing. That power greater than myself graciously humors me with a brain to allow me to feel like I have some ability to navigate through life, yet under my own willpower I am bound to sink. It’s only through running up the white flag of surrender to His will that I can safely reach the shore. 
Affirmation
Good and bad are less crucial than looking to serve my Higher Power and to do his will. Being open to direction is the only way I can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment