Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 28 January 2013

January 28

”Keep high aspirations, moderate expectations, and small needs.”
William Howard Stern
Too many times in my life I feel disappointed, like I have been robbed of something I deserved or that life is just out to get me. This is usually a sign that my expectations of the world are too high, that I am seeking something that is beyond what I should want, and certainly that I am aspiring for things that surpass my needs. As I grow spiritually, I am learning that my true needs are few, and that if I content myself with them, they are easily achievable and something that my Higher Power will never leave me without.
My expectations are most easily satisfied if I seek to satisfy the will of the power greater than me that will restore me to sanity. Life is more fulfilling when I focus on how I can be of service to others rather than being obsessed with my own need for wealth and gain. When my perspective changes from what I think the world owes me to one of trying to find how much more I can share, then happiness awaits me at every turn.
Where I can put my strength without fear of giving too much is in hope, in hoping for unconditional love, peace, and serenity. My trust in God comes with the belief that with Him anything is possible. I need to remain open and willing to listen to His Good Orderly Direction.
Affirmation
Perspective is key to seeking balance in my life and giving things their proper priority. Putting First Things First will allow me to find contentment with all that I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment