Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 1 June 2012

June 1


”You don’t get to choose how you’re going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you’re going to live. Now.”
Joan Baez
One message from the AA Big Book that still resonates with me is that “half measures availed us nothing.” I remember well that decision point in my early recovery where my resolve was tested. I came to the moment where I had to choose to stop walking on both sides of the fence, trying to hold onto a reserve of my old ways. Making that step and “going for broke” has made the difference in my recovery. It was a big risk, it was scary, yet I have not regretted that decision in the least.
The same idea has applied to other areas of my life. It applies to how I view relationships, how connected I am in my work or any number of other things that I do. If I truly want to be open, honest and willing I have to put all my chips in and let the cards fall where they may. When I hold even a little something back and don’t give 100% of my time and energy then I let myself down.
The places where I choose to spend my time and energy are important – so I need to treat them that way. If I cannot give my all then maybe I need to rethink just were the activity or relationship fits in my life. The things that truly matter and are meant to be a part of my recovery are worth putting all my effort into.
Affirmation
Am I in or am I out? Today I will put everything in to what I do, I deserve to give my best to what is important in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment