Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 28 June 2012

June 28


”Let us move on, and step out boldly, though it be the night, and we can scarcely see the way.”
Charles B. Newcomb

Cycling is one of my favorite forms of exercise. It is something I used to do a lot in my youth that I have only recently put back into my life. I remember in my younger days how I used to bike at night, on my way home from work, a friend’s place, or simply to have some time alone. On many of those night trips I used to speak to God as I pedalled, it was my time where I felt at ease to speak my mind.
Recently I have restarted the practice of talking to my Higher Power while riding my bike. The combination of being close to nature, exercising and breathing fresh air, plus the memories of years ago makes me feel at home in having these conversations. There is an added comfort in reconnecting to parts of my past that were healthy and constructive.
Praying while on a bike path at night where I can only see as far as my lights gives me the impression of being alone with God. At the same time, I find a strong metaphor in having to put my faith in Him to show me the way. I may be in control of the bike and what I can see, but everything in the darkness is in His hands. Yet I trust and believe that He will guide me to the right place.
  
Affirmation
I can look for behaviours from my past that were positive but which I stopped because of my addiction. Putting them back into my life is important for my recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment