Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 13 June 2012

June 13


”Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
Anonymous
I am learning how to be more rigorously honest, about myself and with others. Lying and keeping secrets are traits from my past that I don’t want to be part of the recovering me. It takes energy and effort to speak what is true and to express how I feel. But at the end of the day I can feel good about having lived my day with integrity and authenticity.
I rarely feel like I live a double life. I see my life more like the yin-yang symbol. There is hope in my darkness that is increasing yet there still exists some darkness in all that is good. To be balanced and whole I need to recognize and accept all that the aspects of who I am. Just because the potential for me to do wrong exists within me, I can choose not to give in to those temptations and desires. When I turn my will and my life over to my Higher Power I find the strength to focus on using my outer circle behaviours, my positive traits and character assets and I live a fuller, saner and better life.
At the end of the day I am accountable only to myself and my Higher Power. If I can reflect on my daily activities, rejoice in the good and learn from the bad that I have lived to the best of my ability. Progress in a positive direction is my aim.
Affirmation
Living with integrity is my goal for today; I no longer care to live as a hypocrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment