Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 27 June 2012

June 27


”You get nowhere with theories. Try to be simple and always take the next step…So climb down from the mountain…and follow your nose. This is your way and the straightest.”
Carl Jung

It’s a great aide for me to go to meetings, to read all the literature I can get my hands on, and to be open to listening to the experience, strength and hope shared by others. But the only way for me to change is to start applying those tools and principles in my life. The theory is terrific but will not have any effect unless I transform it into action.
I recall being very enthusiastic and reading and absorbing everything I could when I first discovered the fellowship. I soon became saturated with knowledge, yet found myself still discouraged, still floundering in middle and inner circle behaviour. It took a little while to realize that having all this knowledge wasn’t enough, I actually had to do something with it and put it into practice.
These days I am living my program. I have several tools that I have found work well in my life and I make use of them on a regular basis. I am still reading literature and garnishing information from others, but my focus is more on how I can use that knowledge to reinforce my own program or add in a new tool. I know my actions speak louder than words in showing others how my life is changing.
  
Affirmation
Today I commit to living in recovery and showing my new way of being through my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment