Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 10 June 2012

June 10


”Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.”
Albert Einstein
Some say you should count your blessings. For myself, I think recognizing them and giving thanks is terrific, but I don’t feel the need to count them. The same holds true to a degree for my progress in recovery. I am not obsessed with keeping track of how many days of sobriety I have accumulated, what milestones I have reached, or on the other side, how many times I have slipped. What is most important is for me to be in recovery today. That is all that is within my power and it is certainly enough for me to focus on.
Life in recovery has been about rediscovering all the small things that I have neglected in my periods of acting out. Being present to hear how someone’s day went, to lend a helping hand around the house, to spend time with a friend are good things that occupy my time. It is the multitude of outer circle behaviours that I need to use to start filling the hole left by my addiction. Still, my biggest aid is my returning spiritual belief in my Higher Power. My restored faith helps to deal with the void I have experienced and I believe it is the only power with the ability to restore my sanity. 
Affirmation
I will practice my outer circle behaviours today and be grateful for all the small wonders and kindnesses I experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment