Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 12 June 2012

June 12


”How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment to improve the world.”
Anne Frank
The quote above reminds me of another which I really appreciate “Each moment is a gift, that is why it’s called the present” I believe that we truly do have the power to make the world a better place, right here, right this instant. No matter how big or small the impact, I can improve my surroundings. It starts simply with me making changes to be a better person and live a better life.
I still struggle in surrendering those things that are not within my power to control. Most days it is easier to let go of things from the distant past than those that have happened to me recently. I guess that is probably normal; recent events are more powerful and do need some time to be processed and to feel their full effect.
My primary focus in recovery is always to work on myself. The best place for me to effect change is in my behaviours, attitudes and outlook. As I let go of my defects of character, I become a more useful person to my family, to my workplace, and to my community at large. The power for me to start down that new path exists within me and I can choose to begin right now. 
Affirmation
Today I will look at the changes I can make to start making a difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment